Job ID: 227562695
1 - 3 years
South Sound Radiology, Olympia, WA, US
South Sound Radiology in Olympia, WA has an exciting opportunity for a MRI Technologist (full time) to join our dynamic team! South Sound Radiology is an Imaging Center at Radia Inc. PS which is the largest Physician owned and operated Radiology group serving over 30 hospital and clinic partners throughout Washington, Idaho and Alaska. Here at Radia, patients are our number one priority and we are committed to hiring staff who deliver excellence: in patient care, customer service, technology support and operations. Radia is a place where you can make a real difference for our patients and for yourself.
The MRI Technologist works with the imaging center team to deliver exemplary patient care and customer service while performing a variety of MRI exams.
- Customer and Patient Satisfaction: Proactively and consistently understands the needs of our customers and patients. Effectively provides service and/or resolves problems. Dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers and patients. Works to create a positive experience for all. Contributes to team's ability to meet and anticipate customer and patient needs.
- Technical Performance: Performs all magnetic resonance imaging procedures, properly preparing and positioning patients for imaging exams. Positions the patient appropriately to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest. Performs image reconstruction as necessary. Organizes and monitors patient flow so as to meet company productivity, quality, health and safety standards.
- Communication: Utilizes clear and effective communication to properly screen patients prior to scan for any precautions or contraindications pertaining to ordered exam. Demonstrates ability to thoroughly explain procedure to be performed to alleviate patient anxiety and facilitate patient cooperation. Provides preliminary assessments, summarizes diagnostic data and communicates this information with diagnostic images, to the interpreting physician.
- Quality and Safety: Demonstrates appropriate MRI protection for staff and patients by screening all patients and others before entering the scan room. Practices safe placement of Intravenous Angiocatheters (IVs), maintain IV lines and follow power injector protocols to safely administer injection of contrast material. Tracks all contrast reaction/extravasations. Participates in Peer-to-Peer Quality program, making necessary corrections as needed to maintain quality standards. Coordinates or participates in federally recognized and approved accreditation process as necessary.
- Satisfactory completion of a formal radiologic technology program or other compatible course of study.
- Washington State Radiologic Technologist - Diagnostic license required (Washington State X-ray license, ARRT).
- Advanced registry in MRI required within 6 months of hire.
- Current certification in Healthcare Provider CPR.
- Minimum of three years MRI experience preferred.
We offer market-competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, including:
- A choice of two health plans, flexible spending and health savings accounts
- A 401(k) with a profit-sharing component
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Life and disability insurance
- Learning opportunities through professional development programs