Job ID: 231340396
Title: Registered Radiologist Assistant - Radiology Practioner Assistant
Status: Full Time Position (Monday - Friday, No Call)
Location: Mount Vernon, Washington
Who We Are:
Skagit Radiology Inc. P.S. is dedicated to providing patients and physicians with advanced, sub-specialized expertise and the highest levels of excellence in radiological services. Our staff incorporates the latest technology in medical imaging and image-guided therapy into cost-effective clinical practice. We actively maintain a leadership role in providing these services to the medical community and collaborate with other health care providers to continuously improve patient care. Our shared values include mutual respect, teamwork, superior service, professionalism and confidentiality.
The primary purpose of the Radiologist Assistant position is to provide diagnostic and therapeutic patient care under the direct supervision of a board certified Radiologist. The scope is patient management before, during and after diagnostic and therapeutic radiological procedures in both inpatient and outpatient settings. The position includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide excellent patient care.
- Under the supervision and discretion of the supervising Radiologist, perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including but not limited to image guided paracentesis, thoracentesis, abdominal and pelvic biopsies as well as fine needle aspiration of thyroid, lymph node or other abdominal or pelvic masses.
- Performs an integral role in the patient management team. This includes but is not limited to excellent telephone and personal communication skills with patients, physicians, nurses and other medical team members.
- Administers and/or orders intravenous medication and contrast media, under the supervision of a Radiologist.
- Evaluates medical images, review preliminary reports and images with a supervising Radiologist; dictates technical reports that will be reviewed and signed off by the supervising Radiologist.
- Continuous availability of direct communication in person, telephone, fax, e-mail, teleradiology or other telecommunications between the RRA and the supervising Radiologist.
- Responsible for gaining consents for procedures, pre/post procedure order-writing, dictating in PACS/EPIC, and discharge planning/follow-up.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Graduation from an accredited RRA/RPA formal education program.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Radiologist Assistant and preferred Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Licensed in the State of Washington as a Radiologist Assistant.
- Competitive Compensation (DOE).
- Employer Paid Medical Monthly Premiums.
- Employer Paid Term & AD&D Life Insurance.
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation & Extended Illness).
- Generous 401(k) Matching Plan.
This position is open until filled.