Job ID: 238087976
The Mammography Technologist, under direct and indirect supervision, performs specialized examinations of the breast to help in the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease in patients. The Mammography Technologist will perform screening exams and diagnostic exams, along with assisting the radiologist during stereotactic breast biopsies. It is preferred to have experience with QA/QC processes, MQSA, and ACR accreditation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Radiologic technologists of all disciplines will at all times conduct themselves in accordance with the American Registry of Radiologic
• Technologists Code of Ethics.
• Treat all coworkers with respect.
• Perform examinations in their respective departments in a timely manner, attempting to maintain the schedule, in a professional manner.
• Be capable of working with minimal supervision and with minimal radiologist intervention.
• Be proactive in noticing problems with the schedule and notify accordingly the responsible parties to address the issues.
•Seek continuing education as necessary, in accordance with licensure requirements, but preferably also in a manner that promotes personal growth and satisfaction.
• Take responsibility for their respective departments, assuring cleanliness of room and surrounding area, QC/QA of equipment, completion of exams, and communication of equipment concerns to coworkers in your department and appropriate supervisors, and contacting service engineers when appropriate.
Required Experience and Personal Characteristics:
• Strong work ethic in order to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Must be culturally sensitive.
• Pragmatic “can do” attitude with a “keep it simple” style.
• Building/managing healthy internal and external relationships.
• Logic-based decision making skills.
• Possess a high energy level and be results oriented; ability to work independently.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
• Exhibit excellent problem solving, organizational, time management, and communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm and objective in a high volume environment, team player and positive attitude.
• Display strength in following through and following up on activities and information.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
ARRT Registered (R and M)
FL Unlimited radiography License
MQSA Compliant for Digital Mammography