Cardiac Sonographer sign on incentives up to $7500*
At DHMC, we offer an exceptional opportunity for both new graduates and seasoned sonographers with our implementation of a clinical ladder system which allows for growth and career advancement
As a level one trauma center and IAC accredited echo lab, our sonographers are involved in research, a robust structural heart disease program, advanced cardiac care for CHF patients, and utilize state of the art equipment. In addition, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) has consistently been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals. We offer a competitive benefits package with a sign-on, retention, and relocation package as well as an annual membership to the American Society of Echocardiography.
DHMC is involved in several clinical trials that provide research opportunities and presentations on both the local and national level with renowned cardiologists and surgeons. There is a weekly Imaging Conference where sonographers and cardiologists alike present on cutting edge topics and offer continuing education credits towards registry requirements.
DHMC provides a rare opportunity to combine high level academic medicine in a serene and rural environment. Our system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont to offer the quintessential New England experience. Ideally situated between Boston, Montreal, the Seacoast, and New York City, we have the amenities of city life within reach while having access to over 40 miles of outdoor recreation trails directly on our campus and all that the Green and White Mountains have to offer within a short drive. This beautiful area combines history, industry, and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Offering excellent public schools and multiple higher education opportunities with low crime and family oriented lifestyle. In addition, NH boasts no income or sales tax. The Upper Valley is truly the ideal place to live and work where others play.
Performs the duties of a Cardiac Sonographer. Performs 2-D, M-mode and Doppler Echocardiograms, Stress Echocardiograms and assists with Transesophageal Echocardiograms. Training for 3D Echocardiograms is provided.
Responsibilities: A listing of some of the key responsibilities:
· Performs all Cardiac Echocardiogram procedures. Acts as a technical resource for residents and fellows. Edits tracings, makes measurements and enters data into computer. Distinguishes between normal and abnormal cardiac findings.
· Performs on-call and cardiac sonographer duties to meet departmental needs. Recognizes arrhythmias and implications of specific cardiac and related diagnoses to obtain optimal studies and operates complex equipment accordingly.
· Assists in preparing, reviewing, updating and maintaining the policy and procedures manual. Participates in the IAC process.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned.
*External hires only and certain conditions apply
· Associates Degree with 1 year of cardiac experience or the equivalent in education and experience required.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
· Certified through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as a Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) in Adult Echocardiography (preferred pediatric) or its equivalent within one year of eligibility to take the boards.
· BLS Certification required.
· Licensed by the Board of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy in the state of New Hampshire.
Job ID: 259339155