Primary Purpose of Position
The Mammography Technologist, under direct supervision, performs specialized examinations of the breast to help in the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease in women patients for our client facilities. Mammography Technologist may perform screening exams or diagnostic exams.
- The Mammography Technologist is expected to practice safe procedures and adheres to radiation safety measures under the supervision of the Radiology supervisor or the Radiologist. Specific duties may include but are not limited to:
- Complete patient education regarding the exam
- Promote privacy for the patient
- Promote comfort for the patient
- Perform diagnostic or screening mammogram as ordered
- Prepares for and assists the Radiologist in the completion of intricate mammography examinations, including breast biopsies.
- Produce high quality films for the radiologist to evaluate
- Complete appropriate documentation
- Perform quality control functions related to mammography
- Assist in compilation and maintenance of statistical data
- Follow infection control and safety guidelines
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology.
- State license to work as a Mammography Technologist in New York.
- Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Valid state radiology registration as required by state law CPR and BLS certification.
- Sound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Skilled in the operation of Mammography equipment
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Strong technical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Position Reports to