This recruitment offers a $5,000 Recruitment Incentive to eligible new employees joining UW Medicine #UWMRecruitmentIncentive
A Higher Degree of Healthcare
Advanced Imaging and Diagnostic Services in North Seattle
Radiology at UWMC-Northwest is equipped with the advanced diagnostic imaging technology available. Our board-certified radiologists have specialty training in cardiac imaging, neuro-imaging, musculoskeletal, interventional radiology, nuclear medicine and body and breast imaging. Along with our team of expert imaging technologists, they are committed to diagnosing illnesses and injuries quickly and effectively so treatment can begin.
We take time and attention with each patient to explain procedures so they’ll know what to expect every step of the way.
Radiology Services at UW Medical Center - Northwest offers routine radiology, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), ultrasound, nuclear medicine, and interventional radiology.
The team at UWMC-NW Breast Imaging Clinic is a small, patient-centered group that allows for collaboration between technologists and radiologists and is one of the best Breast Imaging programs in the nation. Our comprehensive imaging services include Screening and Diagnostic Mammography, Breast Ultrasound and Interventional exam performance allowing for continued growth in the role of a Mammography Technologist. Working alongside UW Medicine Academic Radiologists allows the technologist role as Breast Sonographer to be enhanced by continued education related to this modality. It truly is a team atmosphere, and our group strives to make the patient experience the best it can be.
UW MEDICAL CENTER NORTHWEST- BREAST IMAGING CLINIC has an outstanding opportunity for a PART-TIME and/or FULL-TIME, DAYS, Mammography Technologist Under general direction of the supervisor, the Mammography Technologist performs Screening and Diagnostic Mammography accurately, independently and efficiently.
Prepares patient and independently performs mammography exams & procedures, includes but is not limited to:
• Uses a professional and caring demeanor to prepare and inform the patient of the exam procedure.
• Properly identifies the patient, verifies clinical history and pertinent data.
• Positions patient safely and properly for examination. Observes and monitors patient’s condition and reactions during the exam.
• Safety: Provides protection for patient, self, and other staff in accordance with prescribed safety standards and protective devices.
• Independently performs assigned exams and procedures in accordance with established protocols and standards. Demonstrates ability to perform the entire variety of technical procedures expected of a Mammography Technologist.
• Produces technically acceptable radiographs in accordance with departmental procedures. Selects proper technical factors. Reviews and evaluates digital images for technical quality.
• Provides Radiologists with the requested information for each exam; assists Radiologists with problem-solving.
• Completes daily work in a timely fashion within exam time-window.
• Performs quality assurance checks on equipment and processes per department policies.
• Investigates and informs supervisor of any quality issues or problems.
• Assists supervisor to establish, update, and monitor protocols.
Operates, troubleshoots, maintains equipment, includes but is not limited to:
• Operates imaging equipment according to departmental procedures. Adjusts equipment position and parameters as specified for the exam.
• Uses systems (PACS, Hologic workstations, etc.) effectively to evaluate and improve image quality.
• Provides equipment vendor/contractor and/or supervisor with timely notification and documentation of equipment issues.
Documentation, includes but is not limited to:
• Uses EPIC/PACS effectively to input/order/edit/cancel exams.
• Completes required paperwork and records. Accurately inputs exam orders, patient data, patient charges, and prepares reports.
• Effectively uses the computer and UW software applications to access information.
• Provides appropriate documentation to the radiologists.
Coordinates and optimizes customer service and workflow, includes but is not limited to:
• Continually evaluates patient flow and work assignments, makes necessary adjustments, and prioritizes work effectively.
• Exhibits excellent customer service skills with patients, physician office staff, coworkers, management, vendors, etc.
• In order to provide a high level of customer service and necessary coverage, all staff are required to answer phone; assist in other areas (such as order entry, image library, scheduling, patient transport); work weekends, other shifts, holidays; take call; and help co-workers with workload and projects.
Maintains environment, includes but is not limited to:
• Sets up exam rooms, ensuring all necessary equipment and supplies are ready.
• Inventories supplies and linens. Restocks rooms as needed.
• Cleans and tidies exam rooms, patient holding rooms, wait rooms, etc.
Training and Collaboration, includes but is not limited to:
• Assists with training and mentoring new personnel.
• Prepares and presents in-service education programs if assigned.
• Attends staff meetings and required in-services.
• Participates in departmental goals and performance improvement projects.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Satisfactory completion of formal specific training in an AMA-approved Radiologic Technology program.
- OR equivalent education and/or experience
Licensure, Work Experience, Requirements, Certification:
- Requires registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)(RT).
- Requires licensure with the State of Washington as R.T. (R).
- Mammography certification is required within 1 year of hire (ARRT)(R)(M).
- Requires 24 CME credits every 2 years, including 15 in mammography.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Radiologic Technologist (RT) preferred.
- Mammography experience preferred.
As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs - relocation assistance available for out of area candidates!
Job ID: 350344877