- Central Oregon Radiology Assoc., P.C.
- Bend, Oregon
Job Title: Ultrasound Technologist Full Time
Location: CORA, Bend, OR – Redmond, OR (rotating clinics)
Hours: 10-hour days when Monday - Friday. No nights, No Weekends
Wages: $34.50 - $52.38 per hour dependent upon experience, education and internal equity
Position Type: Full Time Benefited
Resume Required: Yes
Date Posted: 07/05/2022
Posting Expires: Open until filled.
In accordance with state mandates Central Oregon Radiology Associates, P.C. has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as of October 18, 2021, requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an exemption on file.
- Fully complete the application including all your previous work experience. (Incomplete applications will not be considered for the position).
- Submit resume.
Performs ultrasonic imaging examinations according to department procedures. Locates and records internal elements of the body, including blood vessels and organs, and identifies any anomalies indicative of disease, injury, or other medically significant conditions. Performs ultrasound evaluations, including screenings and image interpretation. Assists radiologist with invasive procedures.
This position requires regular reliable attendance. This position requires a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, as the consequences of even a minor mistake can be significant for patients and providers.
- Performs ultrasound exams in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Interacts with radiologists to ensure quality exam images and patient care.
- Coordinates and compiles all quality and outcomes data for sonography. Communicates to all sonography technologists’ quality issues, equipment issues, protocol changes, and procedure changes.
- Maintains documentation to ensure compliance.
- Provides patient care and education instruction to patients.
- Operates sonography imaging equipment.
- Assists radiologist performing imaging and invasive procedures.
- Verifies patient’s record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient’s medical record.
- Assists with other clinic needs, including laundry, scheduling, telephone inquiries and data entry.
- Performs other duties as necessary and assigned to keep the department running smoothly.
- Must be flexible with work schedule as hours and/or location may vary.
- Required to maintain current state license through OBMI, ARDMS.
- Always maintains a high standard of medical ethics and is self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve.
- Must have the ability to work cohesively with others.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
Preferred experience: Three (3) - five (5) years scanning experience. Training can be provided for the right candidate.
Preferred Registries: Breast and Vascular Ultrasound
Required:OBMI, ARDMS registry OB/GYN and Abdomen Certification, CPR Certification and Current CEs.
Typical Physical Demands
These typical physical demands are required with or without accommodations
Requires full range of body motion
- Must be able to remain in a standing position for up to 95% of a workday.
- Sit to stand desks are available to all employees if the workstation has space to accommodate without obstruction to patients.
- Frequently assists in patient mobility. May often transport patients in wheelchairs, on a gurney, using a Hoyer Lift or Gimme-A-Lift device. Often transports diagnostic devices and patient care supplies of varying weights and occasionally moves paper/boxes of varying weights, up to 50 pounds.
Move or Transverse
- Constantly moves about the inside of the office/exam rooms for patient care and to access supplies and various diagnostic/office machinery, etc.
Operate, Activate, Use, Prepare, Inspect, Place, Detect, Position
- Constantly operates diagnostic machines and/or other office productivity machinery, such as a computer, iPad, copy machine, printer, etc.
Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern, Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information, Monitor
- Frequently communicate with physicians, patients and coworkers who have questions about exams, preparations, or other patient care needs.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Detect, Determine, Monitor, perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate, Assess
- Must be able to visually see patient to position or assist and identify changes in patient’s wellbeing.
- Must have the ability to read orders or other communications on the patient’s and clinic’s behalf.
Exposure to work
- Normally works indoors.
- Occasionally will take patients outdoors in the event we are using mobile scanners or transporting items to laboratories.
CORA is committed to providing employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. CORA advocates achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. Reasonable accommodation can and will be provided to any employee who needs accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job if the accommodation does not cause undue hardship.
Job ID: 361577517